Sunday, August 5, 2012

Paint Box Polish: Harry Potter Polishes!

Hello readers! I have 2 indie polishes to show you from Pam at Paint Box Polish. They are Harry Potter themed!  I just love the Harry Potter book and movies, so when Pam contacted me I was pretty excited to try them! She currently has 4 colors in her Etsy Shop, each based off of a Harry Potter House color(Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw, and Hufflepuff). Pam is also testing another set of polishes so keep an eye out for them!

I was sent Gryffindor and Ravenclaw to share with you!





First, here is Gryffindor. It's a gorgeous burnt orange with gold glitters throughout. The glitters are tiny, irregular shapes and reminded me of tiny flakies! I loved this polish so much more than I expected once I had it on my nails. This was two easy coats and it applied nicely. It dries semi-matte so I used topcoat in my photos.


Look at the irregular gold glitters! So pretty!


Next, here is Ravenclaw. I love blues, so I was really excited to get to try this one out. It has similar irregular glitters to Gryffindor but these are bronze and not gold. This was also just two easy coats, with top coat to add some shine!


I love this glitter!

So, what did you think of these two house colors? I really liked them, they were easy to apply and covered nicely in 2 coats. I like that the glitters were tiny enough to not distract from the main color as well. 

Pam has graciously given you all a 20% off code to use in her shop for the next 30 days! Just use ADVENTURES20 when you make your purchase! 

A big thank you goes out to Pam for sending these my way to try out! Go check out the Paint Box Polish Facebook Page to keep up to date with new releases! 

Sheila at Pointless Cafe recently reviewed Gryffindor and Slytherin so go check out her post HERE!

*These polishes were sent for me to review with my honest opinion.


Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. i love that they are harry potter themed! they captured the houses really well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! You had me at Harry Potter polishes! They are both gorgeous, but I am partial to the Ravenclaw one because it is my house =) Anyways, I've never heard of this brand so I'm off to check them out now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous! I might look into her shop ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! And I love the Harry Potter theme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just the fact that they are Harry Potter polishes make them awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the flecks in these shades--so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are amazing! I am definitely in search of any and all HP polishes!!

    ReplyDelete