Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Milani Textured Creams Swatches and Review!

Good morning, readers! We went out of town for the weekend for a little family vacation so I am just now getting back into the groove around here and had time to write up this post for you! These are the Limited Edition Milani Textured Creams Collection. Bright, vibrant cremes with a textured finish!

Textured polishes are the new craze and I am loving them! These are different from the OPI Sands, Julie G Gumdrops, and Zoya Pixie Dusts because they are cremes and not glittery shades and I love that they stand apart from the rest! I liked these much more on that I thought I would and the colors are gorgeous!



I'll say a few things about the collection as a whole so I'm not repeating myself throughout the post. All of the polishes needed 2 coats for full coverage and full texture. More coats and it starts to loose the look and one coat just isn't enough. You have to let the first coat dry completely to the textured look before applying the second or you risk it not drying all the way and messing it up. All had really easy application with no issues to report there!

One of my top favorites of the collection is Shady Gray. It's a deep gray and the texture reminds me of wet cement! 





Next, we have Purple Streak. It is a deep purple and the darkest look out of the collection.





Aqua Splash is my other favorite. I love this color! 





Tainted In Red is an orange toned red and is a great summer color. 





The brightest of the bunch is Yellow Mark. I was especially glad about the coverage with this yellow. Yellows seem to be the problem child when it comes to polish opaqueness and there were no issues here.





Lastly, my third favorite color, Spoiled In Fuchsia! I'm holding the bottle by my screen and it looks a tad more purple than my photos are showing. 






Tell me your thoughts on the Milani Texture Creams! You can find these for a limited time at Meijer, Walgreens, HEB, and Fred Meyer. 

You can also purchase from the Milani Cosmetics website below for $4.99 each:

Don't forget to check out the Milani Cosmetics Facebook page: 

Thanks so much for reading! 

*The products in this post were sent for me to review with my honest opinion. 




Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. I don't know how I feel about these to be honest! I love glitter in the texture polishes and since there isn't any glitter I just feel like they might fall flat on me. They look great on you though!! Yellow Mark would make a great 'Spongebob' mani!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the textured look, and i think the Zoya pixie dust collection is amazing, but im not sure how i feel about these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not really fond of Milani Texture Nails. They look like if somebody sat on your nails by accident. Beautiful swatches though! ♥

    Shang J.| The Feminine Crusade

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVELY BLOG :)

    PS DOING A MAC GIVEAWAY ON MY BLOG WHEN I REACH 200 FOLLOWERS :)

    XOXO rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the look of these, especially since they don't have glitter. The teal is my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these! I can appreciate the fact they don't have glitter :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. KIKO has similar ones also and I don't like them. They look like this rough grainy wallpaint, not my style :)

    ReplyDelete