Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Lime Crime Zodiac Glitter Review!

Good morning, readers! I have something a little bit different to show you today. It's loose glitter from Lime Crime! You have probably heard of them for their nail polish line of dessert-inspired pastel colors. Here is my post on that collection. Well, they have also released a Zodiac inspired line of loose glitters to use on nails or in any other beauty application you need. I have 6 of the 13 to show you today.

Let's take a look!


They come in these super adorable boxes:


The inside of the boxes are detailed as well!


The caps are adorned with zodiac symbols around the edge and I just love the detail put into the packaging. I've noticed that with all of the Lime Crime makeup.


Here is the stack of 6 so you can see the gorgeous colors!



 Some color shifting, holographic, and multicolored glitters!



This is what you see when you unscrew the cap. You have to peel off the protective sticker to let the glitter shake out.


I decided to do a mani with all 6 so you could get a good look for all of the colors. This is how I did it:

1) Paint one coat of white and allow to dry completely.
2) Using non-fast dry clear top coat, I did an uneven line 1/3 of my nail from the cuticle toward the tip. 
3) While the clear was still wet, I shook the color I wanted to stick to the clear all over it. 
   NOTE: this will be a little messy. I suggest doing this over a piece of paper so you can save the    excess or just for easier cleanup.
4) Once that has set for a minute or two, I gently pressed down all over the glitter with my finger to make sure it was adhering to the clear.
5) I repeated these steps for the other 2 sections on each nail. I was going for a gradient look but it turned out more like stripes instead.
6) Once all of the glitter had been applied and clear was allowed to dry completely, I used a soft makeup brush(like for blush or for velvet flocking powder nails if you have a kit like I do) and brushed around the nail and cuticles to get rid of the excess glitter. I also gently brushed across the nail to get any extras off. 

I'm not sure how long these would last like this, so if you wanted, you could seal the glitter in with a thick top coat. I think this could be similar to the "rockstar nails" I've seen before. I love that you can apply wet polish in any pattern and the glitter will stick. There are a lot of possibilities! 




I've labeled the names for you on the macro shots:



Virgo: Pure like virgin snow. Transluscent white at first glance, this glitter turns violet-blue on application! 
Pisces: Periwinkle-blue with green/copper shift.
Aquarius: Deep midnight blue with a marvelous purple/turquoise shift.
Ophiuchus: Multi-colored holographic. Think disco ball in a jar. Named after a hoax that suggested Ophiucus to be a missing sign in the zodiac.
Capricorn: Forest green that shifts from blue-green to green-gold depending on the angle. Reminiscent of a june bug.
Cancer: Rich turquoise, blue/green shift.


What do you think of these Zodiac Glitters from Lime Crime? Would you get some? Which are your favorites? There are 7 more colors so go check them out at the link below!

Lime Crime glitters can be purchased for $12.99 each (4g/0.14oz)

Don't forget to "like" the Lime Crime Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/limecrime

Thanks for reading!

*The products in this post were sent for me to review with my honest opinion.


Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I would ever put this on my nails but it looks awesome! It's so blingy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they way you wore these glitters is GORGEOUS! im a huge zodiac nut and i actually recently did a post on Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, and Mr. Ophi himself! if youre interested in learning a little more about that 13th sign hoax you can read it :) http://clawsup.blogspot.com/2013/04/inked-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colours are so beautiful! Your photos are really good~! (✿◠‿◠)

    ReplyDelete