Thursday, May 23, 2013

My Mani For Celiac Awareness!

Good morning, readers! I'm showing you what I'm currently wearing on my nails (which, believe it or not, doesn't happen often over here at Adventures In Acetone. A lot of the time I am showing older looks or swatches so my nails hardly match the post when I am writing it up) in support of Celiac Awareness. A friend of mine asked if I would take part in posting this week and here is a little information on the disease if you are unfamiliar:

"May is Celiac Awareness month and its colors are yellow and green. Celiac Disease is more than an allergy to gluten. Gluten is an ingredient found in bread, pasta, anything wheat-based, and even items such as soy sauce. Basically gluten is in much of our daily food. From the National Foundation from Celiac Awareness, “Celiac disease is an autoimmune digestive disease that damages the villi of the small intestine and interferes with absorption of nutrients from food. What does this mean? Essentially the body is attacking itself every time a person with celiac consumes gluten.” When someone with Celiac eats gluten, it can take the intestine up to a year to heal from the gluten attack. You can find more info at http://www.celiaccentral.org/"

As you've seen before on my blog, I am always up for raising awareness! I chose to do a simple polka dot mani with two of my new textured polishes: Zoya Solange and Kiko 643 Sugar Mat. I am wearing this as a full mani and love how the dots add even more dimension and texture to the mani.

I wore 2 coats of each Kiko 643 and Zoya Solange and then added the dots with my dotting tool. No top coat, of course!





What do you think of this look? Are you familiar with Celiac Disease or know anyone with it? Let's raise awareness! Thanks for reading!

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Great post for awareness, and a lovely manicure to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute mani! I have a friend who has celiac disease, she struggled with stomach issues for a long time before she was diagnosed, but now she knows what foods/drinks to avoid and feels much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. ever since i became really good friends with this girl i work with that has celiac's i have been really interested in it and in gluten. I never thought much of it but being friends with her really opened my eyes. we love going to gluten free restaurants together and we are constantly cooking gluten free meals and bringing them in to work for the other to try. i have been a vegetarian for 12 years, and while that was a choice and celiac's is a disease, i have a huge respect for people with dietary restrictions since i know how hard it is for me to find food at times. now i find myself noticing not only if food is vegetarian, but also if it has gluten in it. i really try to support all dietary restrictions and try to eat gluten free when i can.
    2. i am obsessed with manis with 2 different textured polishes, it is such a cool look! i love this, and amazing cause!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jacki.
    This is my favourite manicure. I think I'll be doing these nails on the weekend, yay :))
    I also really like your blog and it would mean a lot to me if you take a minute and check, follow my blog if you like. Thank you so so much, have a nice day,
    xoxo Nika

    http://makeupbysparkle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete