Tuesday, June 12, 2012

MASH Nail Art Brush Set Review!

Good morning, readers! I have another wonderful product from MASH to share with you today! This time it's the 15 Piece Nail Art Brush Set! Even though I've been doing a lot of swatching and glitters lately, I really love doing free hand nail art. I think I need to get more inspiration. And I wasn't happy with my brushes, either. So thank goodness MASH was able to send these for me to try out. I love them!

First of all, lets talk about the really nice leather case that the nail art brush set comes in! It even has magnetic closures!

The case while closed.
 

The case opened. You can see the nice flap of leather that covers the brushes. (please ignore the sides of my light box, this set is big!)
 

A look at the brushes. All in their own slots!


Now, let's have a closer look at the 15 different brushes/tools:

Two fan  brushes! I haven't used these yet, but really want to!
 

A super teeny dotting tool. 
 

6 square/angled brushes. 
 

6 striper brushes. My two favorites are on the right. I use those type most often.

I decided to do a mani with use of some of these brushes to try them out. These are the 2 brushes I used for this plaid design:

I prefer long striper brushes because it's easier to manipulate and do continuous lines.

Here are my plaid nails:

I used:
Orly Nail Defense
2 coats of China Glaze Strawberry Fields
China Glaze Watermelon Rind and the shorter/fatter striper brush for the thicker plaid stripes
China Glaze Passion and the skinnier/longer striper brush for the skinny lines.
Top coat of Cult Nails Wicked Fast

What do you think? I really like the MASH brushes so far! They were soft enough and held the polish well for a continuous line. I can't wait to try some of the others, especially the fan brushes! Imagine all of the possibilities with this nail art brush set!

The set can  be purchased from the MASH site here: http://www.mashnails.com/nail-art-tools/15-piece-nail-art-brush-set.html

It retails for only $9.99! That is a steal!! 

Thanks for reading!

*This product was sent to me from PR to review with my honest opinion.

 
 
Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. I just received these in the mail too. Glad you like them so I know I made a good purchase. Can't wait to mess around with them! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! I bought this nail art brush set a while back, but I'm too new at the whole nail art thing to know what to do with half of the brushes - haha! Any extra tips you could give about the brush set would be greatly appreciated!

    Your plaid nails look amazing!

    - Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really annoyed they haven't got international shipping yet :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second Sara's request! I need tips/tricks/tutorials on using nail art brushes. And do you just dip those long stripers into the polish bottles, or put the polish in something else first? Clueless...that's me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow love these their are some really cool ones

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, only $9.99??! That's amazing!! What are the fan brushes used for?? I'm clueless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome brushes! and that mani is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome brush set! I have been using paintbrushes, maybe it's time for an upgrade?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa! Those brushes and your skills are amazing! The plaid looks like a set of nail stickers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I ordered, How could I not at that price lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for pointing me to the pic of the set and the review! I think this is going on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete