Friday, June 1, 2012

Are You Ready For A Shimmer-thon? Day 1- Stephanie!

Good morning, readers!! Depending on how long you've been following me, you may remember the Sparkle-thon I had back last summer with the Nubar Sparkle Collection. It was super fun to post one polish of the collection each day and then a final recap post with all of the polishes! So, I've decided to do it again!

This time, it will be with 10 new indie polishes from Shimmer Polish! Cindy contacted me to try out her new polishes and share them with you on Adventures In Acetone and I am so excited about them! These glitters are packed!! It's no secret that I love glitter polishes so I am excited about this Shimmer-thon. I really didn't want to just do a massive swatch post because I want to actually WEAR these polishes.

Here are some group shots of the 10 Shimmer polishes plus a top coat with a bit of added holo shimmer to help tame the glitters:

Please click on the photos to enlarge!

Look at the cute labels with the 3D hearts sticking off of them! Cindy has them named after herself and 9 of her close friends! How sweet is that?

I'm planning on wearing each polish by itself with the exception of Cassandra because it looks like it would  be much better as a topper and no one wants to see my stained nails showing through! 

For Day 1 of the Shimmer-thon, I'm wearing Stephanie! This is 3 coats to full coverage and a gorgeous blue color! It was the one that grabbed my attention the most and I couldn't wait to try it on! There are tons of different shapes and colored glitters in Stephanie, but the main color is the blue. I love that there are some other colors to add depth. This is the description of the polish from Cindy's blog: 

   "This color is a nice solid blue, just between royal and navy...Then to bring out a hint of feminine flair, I added pinks, reds, purples and silver to soften it up."

Here the bottle shot shows the different glitters!



Finally, a macro to show how many different colors, shapes, and sizes of glitter there are. I just love macro shots of glitter! 

I used:
Orly Nail Defense
3 coats of Shimmer Polish Stephanie
1 coat of Shimmer Polish Glass

Now, onto my review of the polish!

I had to shake the bottle before I used it because it had been sitting and there was some settling of the glitters. It was nothing that some shaking and tipping upside down for a few minutes before use didn't fix, though. I had no issue getting the glitter out of the bottle once it was mixed back together and it didn't sink again during my 3 coat application time on all 10 nails. 

That being said, the application was great! I had barely any clean up and let each layer dry for a couple of minutes before doing the next layer. The brush grabs a ton of the glitter polish! 

The Glass top coat was also surprising to me. I only used one coat and was good with that. I know some of you are very picky about how smooth your nails are after using a glitter polish so I will say that the glitter was a bit on the "hungry" side and after about an hour I noticed that the surface of my nails was a tiny bit bumpy again. I could have just applied another layer of Glass but I personally don't mind some texture on my nails. I guess its just up to the user. It was fairly quick drying and because I let each layer dry for a couple of minutes in between application, I didn't get any smudges or bumps in the polish.

I just love this color and think its great with my skintone. I am definitely a blue lover and am glad to add this into my collection! I can't wait to try it layered as well!

Cindy has an etsy shop HERE if you are interested in this or any of her other polishes. The polishes retail for $12 each. You can also find her blog with contact info HERE and her new Facebook Page HERE

What do you think of Shimmer Polish Stephanie? Are you excited for the Shimmer-thon? Thanks for reading! 

*This polish was sent for me to review with my honest opinion.

Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. Yummm!! I love it!!
    And i'm totally with you: I love the little texture on my nails with glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think what I love about this is all the different shapes of glitter - it creates such a pretty visual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the color but I don't know if I like it enough to pay twelve dollars for it. :-( It looks really good on you though and I love that she named them after her friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haute!!! I'm not so keen on the price tag either though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. woah sparkle overload a girls best friend haha or is it diamonds? hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is beautiful! It's my name and my favourite colour! I think I'll be needing this polish ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this. Probably all the Stephanie's like it just for the name. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are amazing!! and i love that the topcoat has shimmer! aahhhhh <3

    ReplyDelete