Wednesday, June 27, 2012

There's A Holographic Snowstorm On My Nails!

Good morning, readers!! I received 3 polishes from Liz at Not Too Polished this week to review and share with you! Instead of doing all 3 in one post, I really wanted to get to wear them and not "swatch" them. So today I'm wearing The Eyrie on all of my nails!

The Eyrie and one of the other two that you will see soon, Dragonstone, are both from the as-yet unreleased Great Houses of Westeros Collection inspired by the A Song Of Ice & Fire novels. I haven't read them(but I have watched the first Game of Thrones season and plan to start the second soon!) and I love when indie makers do book, movie, or show inspired polishes because it appeals to fans of the polish as well as fans of the novels.

The Eyrie is a sky blue jelly base filled with teeny holo glitters, white small hex glitters, medium silver holo hex glitters, and giant white hexes. It really reminded me of a holographic snow storm on my nails! There is definitely a "winter" feel to it and the added holo sparkle makes it so awesome!

I wish my lightbox could capture more of the holo sparkle. We can thank that wonderful Tropical Storm Debbie here in FL/GA for stealing all of my sunlight this past week.

Are you seeing a snow storm as well?

That was the only giant white hex I was able to get out of the mini bottle on all 10 fingers. But I'm glad I was able to get it. I think it would be easier in larger bottles with larger brushes.

I love bottle shots of indie polishes.


Finally a picture showing off some of the holo goodness!!

I used:
Orly Nail Defense
3 coats of Not Too Polished The Eyrie
1 coat of Cult Nails Wicked Fast(double coat on the middle finger with the giant hex to hide the edges)

This is a lovely sheer blue jelly packed with glitter that builds nicely! I had to do 3 coats and can still barely see some visible nail line but that doesn't bother me with jelly polishes. I think the many glitters distract from that anyway. It was very easy to apply and the only glitter that was hard to get on the brush would be the giant white hexes. The small white and silvers were on the brush when I would take it right out to paint on and I only stopped to shake up the bottle after each coat to bring the glitters back toward the top. 

This is my first from Not Too Polished and I was not disappointed at all! I'm quite impressed and am excited to wear this as a full mani! I bet it would also look great layered over other blues if you didn't want to use 3 coats each time. 

You can check out Liz' Not Too Polished Facebook Page as well as her Etsy shop for updates and purchasing. Just don't forget that this collection hasn't been released yet. Stay tuned this week for the other 2 polishes I have to show you!

What do you think? Thanks for reading!

*This polish was sent for me to review with my honest opinion.
Pin It!

14 comments:

  1. I'm liking all of the different sizes in the polish, very nice :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color and i totally see a snow storm on your nails!
    I am not very crazy over the large hex's. So I think i might consider getting a mini when this one releases...
    it really looks gorgeous on you, and I totally agree: I love it when a polish collection is inspired by a book or a movie.
    To add on what you said about it, I really love to see other people's interpretations of the visuals I had in my head watching/reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the bright blue colour and the way it looks on your nails!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous combo and I love that they are named after Game of Thrones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to be in that snow storm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is Liz from Not Too Polished- your review is amazing, and thanks so much! The collection will be released July 1st for anyone interested :) And JinJit- each bottle is handmixed- If you really don't want the large hexes, they could be omitted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, Liz! I'm glad you like the review! Thank you for sending this beauty for me to share with everyone!!

      Delete
  7. Liz, that is amazing customer service that you would do that for Jin. So refreshing! And great post, Jacki! LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The name really does fit, it looks like a snowstorm! Very pretty polish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That colour is amazing! I need it! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is AMAZING! Totally looks like a snowstorm :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beauty! I can totally see the snowstorm, and even without a lot of holo shimmer, it's a gorgeous polish.

    ReplyDelete