Saturday, June 30, 2012

MASH Scented Neon Polishes!

Good morning, readers! I have another awesome product from MASH to share with you today! This time, they sent their mini Scented Neon Nail Polish Set! It has 6 mini sized bottles, 0.21 fl oz each, that are brightly colored and have really nice fruity smells! They are all pleasant smells and strong enough to smell if you have your hand near your nose, but not overly strong that could cause headaches. This was my first time ever using scented nail polish and it was so fun! They were more like fruity candy smells instead of the "real fruit" smell but were easily recognizable as to what they were.

Cherry, Strawberry, Orange, Banana, Lime, and Fruit Punch.

Cherry definitely smelled like cherry candy. It was one of the couple 2 coaters in the group and was a wonderful "cherry red" color. I really liked this one!


Strawberry was thinner than Cherry and this took 3 good coats for the picture. It smelled just like a candy necklace!


Orange wasn't too bright and was instead a really nice color. It also needed 3 coats to full coverage.


Banana smelled just like banana Runts candy! It was the most difficult to apply, as all yellow cremes are with me. Shown is 3 coats but it could have used at least one more to cover some darker spots.


Lime was a surprise for me once I put it on. It only took 2 coats and had a shimmer that I hadn't noticed until it was on the nail! You may have to click the picture to enlarge it and see. I really loved this one!


The final polish was Fruit Punch. This was 3 coats but i can see a bit of unevenness and it probably could have used another coat. One of the thinnest polishes in the set, but a gorgeous blue! 


 I wanted to use some of these polishes to try a fun nail art design that I'd seen from Sarah at Chalkboard Nails, called a fish tail design, so here it is:

I love the colors together! Lime, Strawberry, and Fruit Punch. However, I don't recommend this design if you aren't using one coat polishes. This was 6-7 coats total on my nails and therefore very thick and took a long time to dry. Next time I'll do skittle nails!

So what do you think of these scented neon polishes? I don't think they are as "neon" as some summer collections out there, but they are bright and fun for summer time. They smell really nice as well! You can get the Scented Neon Nail Polish Set from MASH online for only $9.99! 

Which is your favorite color? What do you think? Thanks for reading!

*These polishes were sent for me to review with my honest opinion.
Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. Love the idea of a scented polish! Blue is gorgeous, too bad it's so thin. The design turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great swatches! ♥ Too bad they're scented. I really don't get that at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the colors!! Not sure about the scent though... I have a few scented polishes and they make me too hungry with all the candy smells LOL
    The colors are beautiful! My favorites are Strawberry, Orange, Cherry and - surprise surprise - Lime!

    And I really LOVE your fish tail!!!!! Such fun combo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The orange one is sooo beautiful!:D Of course I love all the other colours but that one is without any doubts my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure about scented polishes (I've never used them), but the colours here are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never heard of those. Just know the kiddie polishes with scent :D The colors are real nice though

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice colors & I love scented polishes! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the fishtail! These polishes look nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely colors, that's awesome that they are scented!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great! I saw some scented polish at Walgreens recently, I think they were Revlon. I was just wondering about how long the scent lasted on these? (ps. I LOVE your blog)

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are so cute! I love scented polishes.

    ReplyDelete