Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Shimmer-thon Day 6-Vanessa!

Good morning, readers!! I have another Shimmer Polish for you today! This is the darker polish of the bunch! Vanessa is described by Cindy below:

"Vanessa is a dark pewter gray polish, that looks metallic. The polish flashes from dark gray to silver, and contains holographic tendencies. There are also many other colors of glitter that will peek through as you wear it. This is the polish for those of you who are not inclined to wear bright colors. The rainbow effects are subtle but definitely here, as I only used the finest rainbow glitter with the holographic glitter."

That's exactly what I was thinking about Vanessa--if you don't want to wear a bright color, this would be perfect for you! The holo is definitely there and gorgeous! This is also so packed with glitter that it needed only 2 coats for full coverage! How crazy is that?

Red is obviously the most prominent colors after the dark pewter grey and black. I love this so much!

You can see the holo flash on the glitters in some of the nails above!

Little greens and blues show up in the macro that I didn't even know were there!

I love how you can see some of the holo hexes in this bottle shot flashing green and blue!

I used:
Orly Nail Defense
2 coats of Shimmer Polish Vanessa
1 coat of Shimmer Polish Glass

I really like this color! The glitter is so packed in the bottle, that you really need to watch how much is on your brush before you go to apply to a nail! I can't believe the 2 coat coverage on this polish! And I like that there aren't bright colors in this polish to make it different from the others!

Cindy has an etsy shop HERE if you are interested in this or any of her other polishes. The polishes retail for $12 each. You can also find her blog with contact info HERE and her new Facebook Page HERE.

What do you think? Thanks for reading!


*This product was sent for me to review with my honest opinion

Pin It!

6 comments: