Thursday, September 8, 2011

31 Day Challenge!! Day 1: Red

Hey there everyone! Sorry my post is pretty late in the day today. I have been swatching all of my polishes on the nail wheels I got a couple of weeks ago and hadn't been very inspired to update my mani for today. A lot of my Facebook nail blogging friends are doing this 31 Day Challenge and I have finally caved and decided to join in. Just a week late, but that's okay! Maybe I will be more inspired when I have an actual theme I need to follow for the day! I am also going to try to use different colors than I've previously posted to make me use some of my untrieds. Here is the schedule for the challenge:
So, for today, I have my red mani. I get too bored from having solid color nails and wasn't too excited to start this challenge knowing the first week was just a color each day. Then, I remembered that I've been wanting to try this design ever since I bought these 2 polishes, and since they are both red, I decided it would be my perfect red post. I may try to do a design each day with the color theme just so it's more fun for me!! Here are the pictures:

 I used: Base coat of OPI Nail Envy
 2 coats of NYC Big Apple Red
 Stamped on Sally Hansen Insta Dri Quick Brick
Zig zag design from Bundle Monster Plate BM-201
Top coat of Poshe


I love how in this picture, you can see the shimmer from the metallic Sally Hansen color! :)

So, what do you think? I actually really like how they turned out and I'm not usually a red polish wearer. Thanks for reading!!
Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. I love it!!!! It's really brilliant!! So I want both of these colors!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to see what you come up with each day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! It's cute and simple :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Alexisaurus, thank you!!

    @Mom, thanks!! I am more excited about tomorrow's orange post!

    @Fashion Footing, thanks!!

    @SmokE, thanks! It was barely noticeable in person but I liked it because it was just a little something extra :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely red! 1 day down, 30 to go! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! I love how subtle the pattern is

    ReplyDelete
  7. @imfeelingnail-venturous, thanks! I am really looking forward to the challenge! Like an extended sparkle-thon LOL

    @Laura, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh how i love this red we both have!! pretty design!

    ReplyDelete