Friday, September 9, 2011

Day 2: Orange Nails

Good morning readers! TGIF! :) Hope you have a fun or relaxing weekend planned! I think we will relax around here after our vacation last weekend. Day 2 of the 31 Day Challenge calls for Orange Nails. While swatching my nail wheels yesterday, I realized that I hadn't tried this gorgeous orange since I got it in my Ulta Haul 2 months ago! It's called China Glaze Thataway and it's much better for my skin tone than neon oranges. It's so pretty! Here is what I came up with:

 This picture makes it more orange than it is in person, but I loved how you could see the gold shimmer in the orange in it. 

 This is a little less orange that it is in person. Somewhere between these two photos is the real color of the orange polish. LOL, I was having a hard time getting the color right in these pictures, but since its about the design, I wasn't worried too much about it.



This one may be the truest color photo. :) 

I used: Base coat of OPI Nail Envy
2 Coats of China Glaze Thataway
Painted on China Glaze Passion with a striper brush to make the flowers
Added details to the flowers with OPI Pros & Bronze
Top coat Poshe

What do you think? I enjoyed doing these nails and trying to keep to the "orange" theme. I was excited when I realized that Pros & Bronze brought out the gold and orange from the other polishes when it was added for accenting.  Thanks for reading!
Pin It!

16 comments:

  1. Love it! Cute mani you did a good job =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Olivia, thank you :) I think I would have liked it more with different colors, but I had to work with the orange so I am happy with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so cute!!! I love that you didn't put the entire flower on the nail... it's just peeking out! I also like that you're doing nail art with your 30 day challenge instead of just swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! So pretty- even the orange is nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! The color and the design are gorgeous!

    came across your blog throught Face Friends! I'm following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the combination of gold and orange! Very pretty colors for the Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is upper cute. I love it !

    Xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE that orange!! Will have to look for it the next time I'm at Ulta! Love the flower you made too, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! You did awesome for this challenge day! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you everyone!!!

    @Nailderella, welcome!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ran across this again in my feed reader today. They are so pretty! I wish I had your talent at nail design.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so tropical-ish!!! LOVE! Wearing these would make me want to take a vacation!

    ReplyDelete