Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day 11: Polka Dots

Good morning! Today is Polka Dots in the 31 Day Challenge and this is what I came up with: constellations! I loved them when I was younger, and my husband and I claim one of the stars in Orion as "our" star from when we were dating. Cheesy, maybe, but I love the memory. :)

Index Finger: Cancer
Middle Finger: Draco
Ring Finger: Big Dipper
Pinky Finger: Libra


Thumb: Orion(my favorite constellation)

I used: Base Coat of OPI Nail Envy
Base Color of OPI Road House Blues
Layer of Wet n Wild Blue Wants to be a Millionaire for the shimmer
Pure Ice Silver Mercedes for the star polka dots
Essie Blanc for the white lines 
Top Coat of Out The Door

So what are your thoughts? This proved to be much  harder than I expected, but I do like the end result. Thanks for reading!
Pin It!

17 comments:

  1. I love it! You did a fantastic job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I"ve ever seen anyone do this! Very neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this! especially the pinky finger ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this mani, the idea is brilliant and I also Wants to be a Millionaire!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jacki you really are talented! I love your work it's incredible! I love constellations! So awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the end result! It looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love this, great idea and fantastic execution! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an awesome and creative idea. It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very creative! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome take on the theme 'polkda dots'.. I would never have thought of that! It looks cool! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. yeah!!!! this is a nice idea! I like it! good job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey there! Just wanted to let you know I featured this nail art design on my Top Summer Ideas & Inspiration list on my blog “The Sparkle Queen” with my followers! I hope you check it out! I am constantly updating this list as well (and starting lists for future posts!), so if you create any designs you would like featured on this post, or more in the future, make sure to send me the links! Have a fantastic day! <3 The Sparkle Queen @ http://sparklysharpandfabulous.blogspot.com/

    PS: I also have an image ESPECIALLY for people who have been featured to share! Grab it from my “Featuring and Sharing” Page.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea, and you did the constellations perfect? I love Orion too, one of my favs, I see him every night big and bold in the sky! Lol

    ReplyDelete