Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Day 14: Flowers

Well, it's flower day here for the 31 day challenge. I really wanted to try out my new piCture pOlish Denim that came in my surprise package from my hubby(stay tuned for a nail mail post this week once more of my stuff arrives) so this is what I came up with. In hindsight, using matte colors are great for how opaque they are, but not so great for nail art. The tulips ended up looking iffy but I like the concept. I think I'll try another time with creme polishes. I love how the Denim sky makes it look like a night scene of the flowers. :)


I used: piCture pOlish Denim for the sky
Zoya mattes Posh and Savita for the the tulips. 
Zoya matte Veruschka for the grass and stems.
Top Coat of Out The Door

I think I'd have liked it more if the tulips didn't look so rough. Next time.... What do you think? Isn't Denim amazing?!!! Thanks for reading!
Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. aweee!! LOVE them! and i rly LOVE the denim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! I really love this! That denim blue is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blue base color with the flowers, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ve featured your beautiful nail art design on my recent post “50+ Spring & Easter Nail Art Ideas & Inspiration” here:
    http://sparklysharpandfabulous.blogspot.com/2012/03/50-spring-easter-nail-art-ideas.html

    I can’t wait to see what you make next! If you create any more looks like this that you think fall into the Spring and or Easter category, post links on my Facebook wall or comment on the post and I’ll add them and the links in the post! Keep up the great work!

    <3 The Sparkle Queen

    ReplyDelete