Saturday, September 10, 2011

Day 3: Yellow Nails

Hey everyone, thanks for stopping by my blog today! It's Yellow Day around here and I was having a hard time deciding what design I could do on yellow. I ended up going back to the bumble bee design I did on Hailey's toes because I hadn't yet tried it on my nails. So kind of a redo, but I like it! :) The idea came from this Cutepolish video tutorial.
I kind of messed up on the stinger a bit but i really like how it came out!!
I used: Base coat of OPI Nail Envy
2 Coats of Orly Lemonade
Sinful Colors Black on Black to do the "trail" and outline of the bee
Essie Blanc for the wings and eye
Dotting tool and tiny detail brush for the design
Top Coat of Poshe

What do you think? Thanks for reading, and I hope you all have a great weekend!
Pin It!

17 comments:

  1. I love the little bee path you made! Am totally impressed and absolutely loving this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww how cute! I tried this before and my bee looked like a giant blob :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWW!!! It's so cute!! I want to try this!


    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this shade of yellow. I haven't found one I like much so I may just have to try this one!
    Thanks Jacki!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute, I love it!! Great great job :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! :)

    http://brittanyssecret.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you everyone!!!
    @Amanda, I used the teeniest little detail brush to make the bee and it wasn't too hard.

    @Chancy, so glad! This is my favorite yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute, cute! I did a bee mani today, but I like yours with the pale yellow too! :)

    ReplyDelete